Pastor Jay continues the series on War of the World – A Training Manual for “My Little Children”, with this week’s sermon “Blessed Assurance” from 1 John 3:19-22. [powerpress] 1 John 3:19-22 (ESV)
By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.
Our great God provides assurance to His children.
- Love assures our hearts.
- God is greater than our hearts.
- Answered prayer reassures our confidence.
- How does love assure our hearts? Is this an objective or subjective experience?
- How does truth pass from our mind to our heart?
- What is God's omniscience? How does that help our hearts?
- How does prayer relate to our heart's assurance?