Pastor Jay starts the series on Owning His Peace, with this week's sermon "Owning His Peace" from John 14:27. [powerpress] John 14:27 (ESV)
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
We ought to own the peace of Christ.
- We need to define His peace.
- We need to see that the absence of peace is a problem.
- We need to see how desirable His peace is.
- We need to accept that His peace is the reasonable possession of the Christian.
- We have to face our problem, not excuse it.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What did Christ say he was leaving to his followers? (John 14:27)
- Why do we seem to be without it at times?
- Why do you think we fail to own his peace?
- When do you most need his peace?
- What excuses do we make when we don't have his peace?