Pastor Jonathan leads this weeks sermon with "The Good Portion", from Luke 10:38-42 [powerpress] Luke 10:38-42 (ESV)
At the Home of Martha and Mary As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!” “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but few things are needed—or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”
See Jesus as your spiritual "good portion."
- Contrasting Attitudes
- Distracted vs. Listening
- Busy vs. Calm
- Bitter vs. Satisfied
- Anxious & Troubles vs. Abiding & Trusting
- Temporal Concern vs. Eternal Concern
- Summary: Turn from self and turn to Jesus Christ as your good portion.
- What are some of the things that distract you from time with God?
- Why do we get frustrated with other people when our plans don't work out?
- What kind of attitude shows that we are trusting God's plans for us?
- What can you do this week to focus on your relationship with Christ?