Desperate To Be Out of The Saltshaker
June 26, 2016 Speaker: Jon Kelly
Pastor Jon leads this weeks sermon with "Desperate To Be Out of The Saltshaker", from Matthew 5:13-16 [powerpress] Matthew 5:13-16 (ESV)
Salt and Light “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Godly desperation creates a need to make an impact for Christ.
- Selfish desperation creates "extremes" mentality.
- Selfish desperation ignores the command.
- Godly desperation aches for changed lives.
- Godly desperation reveals a complete picture of Christ.
- What are some ways that we use salt?
- What command(s) does selfish desperation ignore?
- What will we long for if we have Godly desperation?
- How can God give us Godly desperation?