Pastor Jay continues his summer meandering with this weeks sermon "Loving Jesus Better, Part 7" from Philippians 2:5-7. [powerpress] Philippians 2:5-7 (ESV)
Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
We love Jesus better when we see the paradoxes of his rule
- Jesus is sovereign yet submissive.
- Jesus is self-sufficient but God-dependent.
- Jesus is God the Son, yet He walked by faith.
- Without seeing wind, how do you know that the wind is blowing?
- What does to it mean to trust God?
- Who showed us how to trust God best?
- How can you trust God?