Pastor Jay continues his summer meandering with this weeks sermon "Loving Jesus Better, Part 6" from John 1:14, 1:17, Romans 3:26. [powerpress] John 1:14, 1:17, Romans 3:26 (ESV)
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.
We love Christ better when we see the paradoxes of his ethic.
- Jesus resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.
- Jesus calls us to perfection but is a friend of sinners.
- Jesus calls us to lose our lives but then gives us eternal life.
- Jesus warns us of hell but saves us from that fear.
- Jesus warns us against presumption but invites us to simply come.
- Do you consider yourself a pretty good person?
- How would you know if someone wasn’t good?
- No matter how good we are, the Bible tells us we still sin. What do you think about that?
- Why is it that Christ had to die on the cross for our sins?