Pastor Jay continues his summer meandering with this weeks sermon "What Can I Do" from Philippians 4:10-13. [powerpress] Philippians 4:10-13 (ESV)
I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
I can do all things.
- I can be content when I have support from the rest of the body
- I can be content in every situation.
- I can be content when I am brought low.
- I can be content when I abound.
- I can do all this through him who strengthens me.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What makes you feel happy?
- Can you think of anything you’re missing that would make you feel happier?
- What are we saying to God when we’re not happy with what we have?
- What is one way you can fight discontentment this week?