Pastor Jay continues his sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers with "The Blessing of Sanctification" from 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (ESV)
Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.
We need the blessing of sanctification.
- We need sanctification completely in every part of our being.
- We need sanctification, because we are going to stand before Christ at His coming.
- God will meet the need for our sanctification.
- Because He is the God of peace.
- Because he is the God who is faithful.
- Because we cannot in our own strength.
Parent Connection Questions:
- On a scale from 1-10 (10 being really good), how good do you think you are?
- How would you feel to know we’re all less than 1 on that scale?
- From today’s passage, who makes us a 10 in God’s eyes?
- Even though we’re made new by God, we still sin. How can you work on that this week?