Pastor Jon leads this weeks sermon with "Finding The Way", from Isaiah 30:19-22 [powerpress] Isaiah 30:19-22 (ESV)
For a people shall dwell in Zion, in Jerusalem; you shall weep no more. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry. As soon as he hears it, he answers you. And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher. And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left. Then you will defile your carved idols overlaid with silver and your gold-plated metal images. You will scatter them as unclean things. You will say to them, “Be gone!”
Finding the path God desires for us brings peace.
- Difficult times are an unfortunate inevitability.
- Christ gives the serenity our souls need.
- That path becomes clear when you follow Him.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Have you ever been lost before? What happened? How did you get “found”?
- Who do you turn to when you have a hard time?
- How can turning to Christ help when you’re in a hard time?
- Tell your parents to sign you up for VBS today!