Pastor Jay continues his sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers with "When He Comes" from 1 Thessalonians 5:1-4. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 5:1-4 (ESV)
Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief.
Let’s be clear about the timing of his coming.
- It will overtake them by surprise.
- It will not overtake us by surprise.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Have you ever been scared? What was the situation like?
- Would you have been scared if you knew how things were going to work out beforehand?
- Jesus promises to return. We don't know when, but we do know it will happen. Is that scary at all?
- Take time this week to thank God for his plan in sending Jesus again for us.