Ordinary, Honest, God-blessed Work
February 22, 2015 Speaker: Jay Beuoy
Pastor Jay continues his sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers with "Ordinary, Honest, God-blessed Work" from 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12 (ESV)
and to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one.
God sanctifies our life’s work.
- It’s okay to work quietly at your life’s work.
- It’s okay to mind your own business.
- It’s okay to work with your own hands.
- So that your gospel witness will be proper.
- So we do not mooch off of others.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What is the one chore you hate doing the most? Why?
- What would your house look like if no one did any work there?
- According to 1 Thessalonians 4:12, what is one reason God wants us to be hard workers?
- What is one thing you can do this week to glorify God by working hard at it?