Pastor Jay continues the sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers. This week's message is "Immovable Faith," from 1 Thessalonians 3:3-5. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 3:3-5 (ESV)
that no one be moved by these afflictions. For you yourselves know that we are destined for this. For when we were with you, we kept telling you beforehand that we were to suffer affliction, just as it has come to pass, and just as you know. For this reason, when I could bear it no longer, I sent to learn about your faith, for fear that somehow the tempter had tempted you and our labor would be in vain.
Don’t let trouble upset your faith.
- Because we are destined for this.
- Because forewarned is forearmed.
- Because you know who is tempting you.
- Because we do not give up without a fight.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Can you remember when you were scared the most? When was it?
- Did you ever doubt things would work out?
- The Bible says life is going to be difficult at times, even for Christians. How does that make you feel?
- If you know there might be some scary times ahead, how can you prepare for them?