Pastor Jay continues the sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers. This week's message is "A Churchman's Heart," from 1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:2. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:2 (ESV)
But since we were torn away from you, brothers, for a short time, in person not in heart, we endeavored the more eagerly and with great desire to see you face to face, because we wanted to come to you—I, Paul, again and again—but Satan hindered us. For what is our hope or joy or crown of boasting before our Lord Jesus at his coming? Is it not you? For you are our glory and joy. Therefore when we could bear it no longer, we were willing to be left behind at Athens alone, and we sent Timothy, our brother and God's coworker in the gospel of Christ, to establish and exhort you in your faith,
A true churchman is committed to the church.
- A churchman has a heart for the church.
- A churchman knows who the church’s enemy is.
- A churchman sees his highest prize in the good of the church.
- A churchman is willing to suffer for the sake of the church.
- A churchman cares more about the church being served than who does the serving or who gets the credit.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Have you ever been a part of a team?
- Did you feel like it was an important part? Why or why not?
- What would it look like if people in the church didn’t do their part each week?
- How can you be a part of the church team?