Gospel Messengers: Getting Personal
October 19, 2014 Speaker: Jay Beuoy
Pastor Jay continues the sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers. This week's message is "Gospel Messengers: Getting Personal," from 1 Thessalonians 2:7-10. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 2:7-10 (ESV)
But we were gentle among you, like a nursing mother taking care of her own children. So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us. For you remember, brothers, our labor and toil: we worked night and day, that we might not be a burden to any of you, while we proclaimed to you the gospel of God. You are witnesses, and God also, how holy and righteous and blameless was our conduct toward you believers.
Gospel messengers love the people of God.
- They have gentle concern for God’s people.
- They are affectionate toward God’s people.
- They should be hardworking for God’s people and God’s Gospel
- They should be exemplary to God’s people.
Parent Connection Questions:
- How would you describe love? Name five things you “love.”
- Besides family, name a few people you love.
- Besides Jesus himself, who does he tell us our love should be really obvious towards?
- Why is it so important we show love for other Christians?