Pastor Jay continues the sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers. This week's message is "Trustworthy Messengers," from 1 Thessalonians 2:1-3. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 2:1-3 (ESV)
For you yourselves know, brothers, that our coming to you was not in vain. But though we had already suffered and been shamefully treated at Philippi, as you know, we had boldness in our God to declare to you the gospel of God in the midst of much conflict. For our appeal does not spring from error or impurity or any attempt to deceive.
Gospel messengers should be proven trustworthy.
- They should be willing to suffer for the gospel.
- They should be bold for the gospel.
- They should preach right doctrine in the gospel.
- They should preach the gospel in purity.
- They should preach the gospel honestly.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Is it easier to be a fan of a winning team or a losing team?
- Have you ever worked really hard to get something you wanted? What was it?
- Sometimes it takes work to follow Christ, but it’s always worth it. How is it hard for you?
- Talk with your parents about how you could show yourself to be a true follower of Christ.