Pastor Jay begins a new sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers. This week's message is "The Real Deal," from 1 Thessalonians 1:1-3. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 1:1-3 (ESV)
Paul, Silvanus, and Timothy, To the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace. We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Brothers, we should be encouraged by new Christians who bear evidence of genuine faith.
- A new Christian bears evidence of genuine faith.
- A new Christian bears evidence of genuine love.
- A new Christian bears evidence of steadfastness of hope.
Parent Connection Questions:
- If a huge bear messed up bedroom (when you’re not there!), how might you figure out what made the mess?
- When Moses came down from Mt. Sinai, all Israel noticed something different. What was it?
- Having a friendship with Jesus should change us. What changes would show?
- How would someone know you have a friendship with Christ without telling them?