Pastor Jon Kelly shares an addendum to the "Vital Signs of a Health Church" series with this week's message on baptism from Matthew 28:18-20. [powerpress] Matthew 28:18-20 (ESV)
And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
The healthy church has a biblical view of baptism.
- Baptism isn’t a way of salvation.
- Baptism is a command.
- Baptism is immersion.
- Baptism is for passionate Christians.
- Baptism is an outward display of an inward commitment.
Parent Connection Questions:
- If you had to compare your family to a family in the movies or on TV, which family would it be?
- How would you describe your family?
- Has anyone ever told you that you resemble a family member? In what way(s)?
- What evidences can people see that you’re part of God’s family?