Pastor Jon Kelly shares "Spiritual Weight Loss" this week from Hebrews 12:1-2. [powerpress] Hebrews 12:1-2 (ESV)
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
What do we need to shed?
- What we're called to do... Remove weight Run
- How we do it... Focus on Christ
Parent Connection Questions:
- What's your favorite sport? Why?
- Would you be able to do that sport as well if you had 20 pound weights on your ankles? Why not?
- If our friendship with Christ is described as a race we run, what kind of weight are you carrying?
- What is one weight you could work on dropping this week?