Pastor Jonathan Phillips brings a message this week titled, "The Final Countdown" from Matthew 24:3-14. [powerpress] Matthew 24:3-14 (ESV)
As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are but the beginning of the birth pains. “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake. And then many will fall away and betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. But the one who endures to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.
Jesus prepares us for events leading up to the end of this age.
- There will be false teachers, we must discern.
- There will be turmoil, we must trust.
- There will be trials, we must endure.
- There will be testimony, we must engage.
Parent Connection Questions:
- If you could ask Jesus one question, what would it be?
- What helps you when you feel afraid?
- Do you know anyone who has been in trouble for following Jesus?
- What is one way your family can help people in other parts of the world hear about Jesus?