Pastor Jay continues his "Guard Your Heart" series this week with a sermon titled "The Turning-away Heart," from Hebrews 3:7-10. [powerpress] Hebrews 3:7-10 (ESV)
Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says, “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion, on the day of testing in the wilderness, where your fathers put me to the test and saw my works for forty years. Therefore I was provoked with that generation, and said, ‘They always go astray in their heart; they have not known my ways.’
Make sure your heart does not turn back.
- Unbelief is the key issue.
- The turning-away heart turns to evil.
- The turning-away heart turns toward men.
- The turning-away heart turns to its own way.
- The turning-away heart reaps what it sows.
- The turning-away heart resists discipline.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What’s your favorite movie?
- Could anything happen for you to not like that movie?
- What would cause you to stop doing something you know is right?
- Think of one thing you could do this week to remember how much God loves you.