Pastor Jay continues his "Guard Your Heart" series this week, with a sermon titled "The Remembering Heart," from Deuteronomy 4:9. [powerpress] Deuteronomy 4:9 (ESV)
“Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children's children—”
God calls our heart to remember Him.
- The heart may forget because of spiritual neglect.
- The heart may forget because of pride.
- The heart will remember when you’ve laid up His word.
- The heart will remember when God disciplines.
- The heart will remember when you make that choice in the midst of hardship.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Ever forget something you never thought you would forget? What was it?
- What makes you forget something?
- How do you memorize stuff for school?
- Name one thing you can do this week to remember the power of God.