Pastor Jay continues his "Guard Your Heart" series this week, with a sermon titled "The Understanding Heart," from Proverbs 2:1-5. [powerpress] Proverbs 2:1-5 (ESV)
My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
Desire the understanding heart.
- An understanding heart seeks God’s wisdom.
- Begin with the fear of the Lord.
- Seek it in God’s word.
- An understanding heart trusts the Lord.
- An understanding heart is humble.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What is one thing you've seen, but don't understand how it works?
- What's the easiest way for you to memorize something for school?
- Have you ever wanted to make better choices?
- What does Proverbs 2:1-5 say about how to get wisdom to make better choices?