Pastor Jay continues his "Guard Your Heart" series this week, with a sermon titled "The Contrite Heart", based on Psalm 51:17. [powerpress] Psalm 51:17 (ESV)
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
- A contrite heart feels remorse over wrongdoing.
- A contrite heart knows its sin.
- A contrite heart has abandoned pride.
- A contrite heart is determined to turn from sin.
- A contrite heart is desperate before God.
- When we do something wrong, why do we feel bad?
- Is there something you do often which gets you in trouble?
- Why do we feel better when we’ve confessed our sins?
- What is one thing you can work hard on this week to not do?