Pastor Jay continues his "Guard Your Heart" series this week, with a sermon titled "The Seeking Heart", based on Deuteronomy 4:29 and Joshua 24:23. [powerpress] Deuteronomy 4:29 (ESV)
But from there you will seek the LORD your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Joshua 24:23 (ESV)
He said, “Then put away the foreign gods that are among you, and incline your heart to the LORD, the God of Israel.”
- Seek Him if you are lost.
- Seek Him for deliverance from your enemies.
- Seek Him to share in His kingdom’s work.
- Seek Him for Joy in His presence.
- What’s the most valuable thing you’ve ever lost? How long did you look for it?
- What made you want to look for it?
- Why would you “look” for God?
- What might keep us from “finding” God?