This week's sermon, “Nahum-The Hard News of the Gospel," from Nahum 1-3, is the latest in Pastor Jay's summer series on the minor prophets, "Primer Lessons to the Gospel." [powerpress]
We need to embrace the hard news of God's judgment if we embrace the good news of His grace.
- Because God's judgment flows from his character.
- what he has told us about himself.
- what he has shown us about himself.
- what he has proven to us.
- Because man plots evil against the Lord.
- Because God calls it good news.
- Because history teaches us how God deals with sinful man.
- Remember that God had been gracious and slow to anger.
- Remember that their evil caused untold suffering.
- Remember that we deserved the same.
- Remember that by this God is restoring and redeeming His people.
- Remember that God is worthy of worship for His justice and holiness.
- Remember that He is good and a stronghold for those who take refuge in Him.