Pastor Jay continues the series on War of the World – A Training Manual for “My Little Children”, with this week’s sermon “ETA Confidence” from 1 John 5:13-17. [powerpress] 1 John 5:13-17 (ESV)
That You May Know I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life. And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him. If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God will give him life—to those who commit sins that do not lead to death. There is sin that leads to death; I do not say that one should pray for that. All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that does not lead to death.
To have Christ is to have confidence toward God.
- We can be confident in the knowledge of our salvation.
- We can be confident in prayers of petition.
- We can be confident in our prayers of intercession.
- How do you know if you have eternal life? Can we be certain?
- What does it mean to believe in the name of the Son of God?
- What is a prayers of petition? What is a prayer of intercession?
- What if you pray and ask for something and don't get it?
- What should you do if you see a fellow believer sin?