Pastor Jay continues the series on War of the World – A Training Manual for “My Little Children”, with this week’s sermon “Bombardument” from 1 John 4:7-12. [powerpress] 1 John 4:7-12 (ESV)
God Is Love Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.
We should love one another because God.
- God is the source of love.
- God is love.
- God reveals love.
- God initiated love.
- God is the logic of love.
- God reveals himself in love.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What is a bombardument and how is John doing that?
- Does loving cause us to be born again? What does it say?
- How does God's love, initiated by God, help us to love?
- How is God's love perfected in us? What does that mean?