Pastor Jay continues the series on War of the World – A Training Manual for “My Little Children”, with this week’s sermon “Discernment” from 1 John 4:1-3. [powerpress] 1 John 4:1-3 (ESV)
Test the Spirits Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already.
We should not be easily dupes by false doctrinal spirits.
- Don't be gullible.
- Don't be lazy.
- Don't be surprised.
- Don't make it too complicated.
- Jesus is the Christ.
- Jesus Christ truly came in the flesh.
- Jesus Christ is come.
- Don't say you weren't told.
- What does "discernment" mean?
- Do all Christians need discernment? Where does it come from?
- What does it mean to be gullible?
- What does it mean to text a spirit?
- What core truths about Jesus are taught by God's Spirit?