Pastor Jay continues the series on War of the World – A Training Manual for “My Little Children”, with this week’s sermon “God's Pleasure” from 1 John 3:23-24. [powerpress] 1 John 3:23-24 (ESV)
And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us. Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.
God has shown us His pleasure.
- He has shown us the obedience that pleases him.
- God is pleased when we obey the command to believe in His Son.
- God is pleased when we obey the command to love one another.
- He has shown us the reward that flows from his pleasure.
- God is pleased to give us a co-abiding relationship with Him.
- God is pleased to give us the Holy Spirit.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What obedience pleases God?
- What does it mean that God abides in us and we abide in God?
- How does His abiding help us?
- How can God command is to love?
- How is a commandment a gift of God?
- What rewards flow out of obedience?