Pastor Jay continues the series on War of the World – A Training Manual for “My Little Children”, with this week’s sermon “Alienation” from 1 John 3:1-2. [powerpress] 1 John 3:1-2 (ESV)
See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.
We, as God's children, should feel alienated from the world.
- Three reasons:
- Because His love is foreign to this world.
- Because we are foreign to the world.
- Because our hope is foreign to the world.
- What does John mean by the "world"?
- What is foreign about God's love to us?
- What is so great about being called God's children?
- What does it mean that the world doesn't know us?
- What are the two key hopes that are "not yet"?