Pastor Jay ends the four-part Advent series Dawning with his sermon "Love Dawning" from Titus 3:1-5a. [powerpress] Titus 3:1-5a (ESV)
Be Ready for Every Good Work Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people. For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,
The light of God's love in Christ is changing the darkness.
- We should be nice to those still in darkness.
- We were once in darkness.
- We are no longer in darkness only by the loving kindness of God our savior.
Parent Connection Questions:
- How does Paul know the darkness can be made light?
- What was a Cretan?
- Can God turn a Cretan to the light?
- Why should we be kind to those who are in darkness?
- In what sense were we Cretans?