Pastor Jon continues the four-part Advent series Dawning with his sermon "Peace Dawning" from Isaiah 9:6-7. [powerpress] Isaiah 9:6-7 (ESV)
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.
We have peace because the light of Christ dawns against our darkness.
- Am I surrounding myself with peace?
- Am I contributing to the chaos?
- Am I seeking out the peace?
Parent Connection Questions:
- What comes to mind when you think of "peace"?
- When was one time you felt really peaceful?
- What kind of peace does Jesus bring when he died on the cross?
- What kind of peace are we still waiting for that God promised?