Pastor Jay continues the series on War of the World - A Training Manual for "My Little Children", with this week's sermon "Gospel-Abiding Church" from 1 John 2:24-25. [powerpress] 1 John 2:24-25 (ESV)
Let what you heard from the beginning abide in you. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, then you too will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that he made to us - eternal life.
Let the gospel abide in you.
- Do not be moved from it by antichrists proclaiming a different gospel.
- Do not be moved by threats from the world.
- Do not let the wisdom of the world make you ashamed of it.
- Do not let the love of the world diminish your love for it.
- Do not forget your dire need of the gospel.
- When the gospel abides in us we abide in the Son and Father.
- When the gospel abides in us we have the promise of eternal life.
- How does John refer to the gospel in v.24?
- Is John speaking to individuals or churches?
- What does it mean to have the gospel abiding in us?
- What are the promises concerning that gospel in us?
- What do you think the biggest dangers are that would cause us to leave the gospel?