Pastor Jay continues the series on War of the World - A Training Manual for "My Little Children", with this week's sermon "Nonchalant Confidence in Battle" from 1 John 2:18-23. [powerpress] 1 John 2:18-23 (ESV)
Warning Concerning Antichrists Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us. But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge. I write to you, not because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and because no lie is of the truth. Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son. No one who denies the Son has the Father. Whoever confesses the Son has the Father also.
We, God's children, have confidence in the war of the world, because we understand our situation.
- We understand the hour.
- We understand our enemy.
- We understand our advantage.
- We understand the big lie.
- We understand our confession.
- What advantages do God's children have in the conflict of this world?
- What is an "antichrist"?
- What does "anointing" mean? What is our anointing that John speaks of?
- What is the big lie? What are we to believe concerning Jesus?