Pastor Jay continues the series on War of the World - A Training Manual for "My Little Children", with this week's sermon "It's Personal - Or it Isn't " from 1 John 2:3-6. [powerpress] 1 John 2:3-6 (ESV)
And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.
Do you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?
- If you keep His commandments you know Him.
- If you do not keep his commandments you lie about knowing Him.
- If you keep His word, God's love is perfected in you.
- If you walk in the way He walked you are in Him.
- What are Christ’s commandments?
- Why should we keep his commandments?
- Do we keep his commandments in order to be saved?
- What does it mean to “keep his commandments”?
- If someone says he knows Jesus but does not obey Him, what does that mean?
- What would you expect to see when you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ?