Pastor Jay continues the series on War of the World - A Training Manual for "My Little Children", with this week's sermon "Big Sinner - Bog Savior" from 1 John 2:1-2. [powerpress] 1 John 2:1-2 (ESV)
Christ Our Advocate My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.
Our biggest comfort when we sin is our bigger savior, Jesus Christ.
- Jesus is the one who makes you God's child.
- Jesus is our advocate with the Father.
- Jesus is "Jesus Christ the Righteous".
- Jesus is our propitiation.
- Jesus is a world-size savior.
- How do you know you are a child of God?
- What is an advocate? How is Jesus our advocate?
- What are we saying about Jesus when we call him, "Jesus Christ" the righteous?
- Does God have punishing anger toward sin? Is God loving?
- What is a propitiation?