Pastor Jay starts the series on War of the World - A Training Manual for "My Little Children", with this week's sermon "We Happy Few" from 1 John 1:1-4. [powerpress] 1 John 1:1-4 (ESV)
The Word of Life That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life— the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us— that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. And we are writing these things so that our joy may be complete.
Rejoice that you are included in the fellowship of Jesus Christ, the word of life.
- Rejoice because the word of life is real.
- Rejoice because the word of life has been testified to reliably.
- Rejoice because eternal life was proclaimed to you in the gospel.
- How do we know that the gospel is true according to our text?
- What do we know is true concerning Jesus in this text?
- Who we are and what do we have according to this text?
- What is our reason for joy?