Pastor Jay continues the series on Owning His Peace, with this week's sermon "Peace in Sovereignty" from James 4:13-15. [powerpress] James 4:13-15 (ESV)
Boasting About Tomorrow Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.”
To own the peace of Christ we must trust the sovereign will of our creator.
- We must trust His sovereignty over our well-being.
- We must trust His sovereignty over our plans.
- We must trust His sovereignty over our glory.
- We must trust His sovereignty over our happiness.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What is God's sovereignty?
- Why should we trust the sovereignty of God over all things in our lives?
- How do we know that God has our well-being in mind?
- How does God's sovereignty insure that we can own the peace of Christ?
- Does God want our happiness?