Pastor Jay continues the series on Owning His Peace, with this week's sermon "Hurried Impatience" from 1 Corinthians 13:4-5. [powerpress] 1 Corinthians 13:4-5 (ESV)
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;
To own Christ's peace we must overcome our hurried impatience.
- To overcome hurried impatience we have to understand it.
- To overcome impatience we must look to Jesus.
- To overcome impatience we have to prioritize others.
- To overcome our impatience we need to discipline ourselves to slow down.
- To overcome out impatience we may have to kill something.
- Why doesn't the word "impatience" show up in the New Testament?
- What are other words for impatience?
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:4-5. What are some aspects of impatience? What does patience look like?
- How does hurry affect our ability to be patient with others?
- Where do you see patience in the life of Jesus? Was he hurried?
- What are some areas where we need to pray and slow down?