Heaven Then - Groaning for God's Glory Pt. II
July 23, 2017 Speaker: Jay Beuoy
Pastor Jay continues the series on Heaven, What is it Really Like with this week's sermon "Heaven Then - Groaning for God's Glory Pt. II" from Romans 8:18-23. [powerpress] Romans 8:18-23 (ESV)
Present Suffering and Future Glory I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.
We should groan for a completely redeemed creation in which to dwell with Him.
- We will live in a new heaven and new earth.
- The new heaven and new earth will be the old creation but made new.
- The new heaven and new earth will be physical.
- The new heaven and new earth will be free of decay.
- The new heaven and new earth will somehow share in the glory of the children of God.
- We will live in the new City of Jerusalem.
- The city is incomprehensibly large.
- The city is incomprehensibly holy.
- The city is incomprehensibly beautiful.
- The city is incomprehensibly happy because we will have
- The joy of God's presence.
- The joy of God's people.
- The joy of our union with Christ.
- When you imagine eternity with Christ, do you imagine it being like earth? In what way?
- What did God say about the original heavens and earth that he made? What does that tell us about heaven?
- How big is the place where we will live with God? What does the scripture tell us?
- What are some of the best things about that place?