Heaven Then - Groaning for God's Glory
July 16, 2017 Speaker: Jay Beuoy
Pastor Jay continues the series on Heaven, What is it Really Like with this week's sermon "Heaven Then - Groaning for God's Glory" from Romans 8:18-23. [powerpress] Romans 8:18-23 (ESV)
Present Suffering and Future Glory I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God. We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.
We groan for God's final, glorious redemption of His creation through Jesus Christ.
- We, His children, groan for complete redemption through Jesus Christ.
- We groan for our bodies to be completely redeemed.
- We will be resurrected.
- We will be glorious.
- We will be like Christ's body.
- We will have an absence of weakness.
- We also groan for our hearts to be completely redeemed.
- Our hearts will know no grief.
- Our hearts will know no shame.
- Our hearts will know no injustice.
- Our hearts will know no visual impairment.
- What makes you groan?
- Why does is say creation groans? Why does is say that we groan?
- What are some things that will be different in heaven then?
- What do you think means that our bodies will be glorious?
- What can we learn about our resurrected bodies from considering Christ's resurrected body?
- What will be different as to our hearts?