Pastor Jay continues the series on Heaven, What is it Really Like with this week's sermon "Heaven Now" from Philippians 1:19-26. [powerpress] Philippians 1:19-26 (ESV)
for I know that through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on account of me.
Heaven, as it is now, will be far better than earth as it is now.
- We will be carried home to paradise.
- We will have a body of some kind in that place.
- We will experience utter goodness.
- What was good about the garden of Eden?
- What did we lose when Adam sinned?
- What about heaven is similar to the garden?
- What will be good about heaven?
- How do we know heaven will be good?
- Does a believer in Jesus have to fear death?
- Are you sure that you believe in Jesus and are his follower?