We Don't Know Nothin' About Dyin' Top Ten Things We Do Know
July 2, 2017 Speaker: Jay Beuoy
Pastor Jay starts the series on Heaven, What is is Really Like with this week's sermon "We Don't Know Nothin' About Dyin' Top Ten Things We Do Know" from John 14:1-6. [powerpress] John 14:1-6 (ESV)
Jesus Comforts His Disciples “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.” Jesus the Way to the Father Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
All we really need to know about dying and about heaven are clear enough if we know Jesus.
- We know that nothing about death should trouble our hearts.
- We know that we can trust Jesus about all of this.
- We know there will be plenty of room.
- We know he doesn't lie.
- We know he is making all things ready.
- We get to be with Jesus.
- We know we have life if we have Him.
- We know that in Him we will never die.
- We know we are going where Jesus has already gone.
- We know that our hope is anchored with Jesus in Heaven with God.
- What troubles you most about the thought of dying?
- How do we know there will be a place for us there?
- When you read the passage, what words give you the greatest joy?
- Talk about your fears and your hopes concerning heaven? Pray and take hold of the promises Jesus has given you concerning heaven.