Pastor Jon leads this weeks sermon with "Desperation - Seeing desperation as a gift", from Matthew 6:9-13 [powerpress] Matthew 6:9-13 (ESV)
“This, then, is how you should pray: “‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’
Godly desperation disorients with the purpose of reorientation.
- Selfish desperation wants a quick fix.
- Selfish desperation wants to rework the order of the universe.
- Godly desperation understands the purpose of a breaking point.
- Godly desperation returns us to the basics.
- Share about a time when you have seen God work through a difficult time in your life.
- What did you learn from that difficult time?
- What was the breaking point for you during that difficult time?
- Did God show you the importance of depending on Him and trusting Him? Why or why not?