Pastor Jon leads this weeks sermon with "Desperation: Being called by God leads to desperation.", from Matthew 4:18-22 [powerpress] Matthew 4:18-22 (ESV)
Jesus Calls His First Disciples As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” At once they left their nets and followed him. Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, preparing their nets. Jesus called them, and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.
Being called by God doesn't remove us from a fallen world.
- Desperate to simplify evil.
- Desperate to explain pain.
- Desperate for God to have glory in our adversities.
- Share about a time when God has worked through difficulty in your life.
- Why doesn't God choose to remove us from this fallen world?
- In what ways does God use us to reach this sinful world with His truth?
- How can God have all of the glory even in our difficulties?