Pastor Jonathan leads this weeks sermon with "Beware!", from Jonah 1:1-3 [powerpress] Jonah 1:1-3 (ESV)
Now the word of the Lord came to Jonah the son of Amittai, saying, “Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and call out against it, for their evil has come up before me.” But Jonah rose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the Lord. He went down to Joppa and found a ship going to Tarshish. So he paid the fare and went down into it, to go with them to Tarshish, away from the presence of the Lord.
Beware of a hard heart toward God's call!
- Beware of spiritual coasting.
- Beware of spiritual ethnocentrism.
- Beware of conditional obedience.
- Beware of justifying sin by circumstances.
- How has God shown compassion to you?
- Have you ever had to obey your parents when you didn't want to?
- How did Jesus obey God? Why is that good news for us?
- Why does God not want us to ever justify our sin?