Pastor Jon leads this weeks sermon with "Standing Firm", from II Timothy 4:3-5 [powerpress] II Timothy 4:3-5 (ESV)
For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.
We are called to be steadfast in changing times.
We should expect
- False Teaching
- Itching ears
Response in changing times
- Keep your head.
- Put on your big boy pants.
- Continue to speak.
- Don't stop believing.
- Share about a time when someone told you something that was a lie.
- Is it easier to listen to the truth or a lie? Why?
- When can it be hard to stand up for the truth?
- Share about a time when Jesus stood up for the truth.