Pastor Jay preaches on "Gospel Light or Gospel Lite" from Ephesians 5:6-14. [powerpress] Ephesians 5:6-14 (ESV)
Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience. Therefore do not become partners with them; for at one time you were darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true), and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of the things that they do in secret. But when anything is exposed by the light, it becomes visible, for anything that becomes visible is light. Therefore it says, “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.”
We need a bright gospel to awaken the dead and mostly dead.
- A bright gospel is truthful about wrath.
- A bright gospel breaks with the disobedient.
- A bright gospel transforms us from darkness to light.
- A bright gospel exposes the darkness.
- A bright gospel awakens the sleeper.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Is it usually easier to choose to please God or yourself? Why?
- Without Christ, what do we deserve?
- How does God reveal sin in our lives?
- What has God done to restore our relationship with Him?