Pastor Jay continues the series "The Question, Mark" with this week's sermon "Bold Love" from Mark 16:1-8. [powerpress] Mark 16:1-8 (ESV)
The Resurrection When the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, so that they might go and anoint him. And very early on the first day of the week, when the sun had risen, they went to the tomb. And they were saying to one another, “Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance of the tomb?” And looking up, they saw that the stone had been rolled back—it was very large. And entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, dressed in a white robe, and they were alarmed. And he said to them, “Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has risen; he is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter that he is going before you to Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.” And they went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had seized them, and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.
Loving the risen Jesus should make us bold.
- We can love Jesus in a very emotional way.
- We can love Jesus but expect very little.
- We can love Jesus but expect no newness of life.
- We can love Jesus but be bound up in fear.
- We can love Jesus but be silent.
Parent Connection Questions:
- What are some things that you love to tell others about?
- What does Jesus rising from the dead tell us about who He is?
- What are some things that Jesus promises to provide for us?
- How does Jesus tell us that He wants us to love Him?