Pastor Jay continues his sermon series, Be Encouraged, Brothers with "The Gospel Good" from 1 Thessalonians 5:15. [powerpress] 1 Thessalonians 5:15 (ESV)
See that no one repays anyone evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to everyone.
The gospel calls us to a better good than the lesser good we think we know.
- Gospel good turns us away from personal vengeance.
- Gospel good displaces evil with good.
Parent Connection Questions:
- Think of a time when you wanted to "get someone back" for hurting you.
- It's easy to want to get back at someone, but is it ever the right thing to do?
- The Bible tells us never to "repay evil for evil." What does that mean?
- Can you think of a way to remind yourself not to repay evil this week?